Family Members Visa


1. Parents and Grandparents

British citizens or people who have Indefinite Leave to Remain can sponsor their parents or grandparents to settle in the UK.

The requirements for this type of application are very strict and the basic requirements are:

  • One of the Parents or grandparents must be 65 years of age or over if they are married.
  • If a parent or grandparent is widowed, separated or divorced then he or she must be 65 years of age or over, unless there is the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.
  • The Applicant must show that there is no other support he or she can turn to in their home country.
  • The sponsor in the UK must be able to provide evidence that he or she can provide and accommodate the Applicant without recourse to public funds.

The Applicant can apply in the UK whist on a visit visa.
  If the application is successful the Applicant will be granted with Indefinite Leave to Remain or Enter. 

Please contact us for further information and assistance.

2. Children

The UK have provisions for children who are not British and under 18 years of age, to join their parents in the UK.

The main criteria is that one of the child’s parent is either a British citizen or have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

To apply you will need to meet the following requirements:

  • You will need to show that you satisfy the financial requirement.
  • You will need to provide evidence that the spouse in the UK has adequate accommodation.

The matter becomes complicated if one parent remains in the home country and the child comes to join the parent in the UK.  The parent in the UK would need to demonstrate that he or she has sole responsibility of the child and the parent in the home country has nor influence in the upbringing of the child.

Please contact us for further information and assistance.